Smart Coos Virtual Bilingual Guide
Smart Coos works very hard to develop and deliver an inspiring curriculum for young children and need people who believe in making that happen. There is room to grow with our company if you have the right team-player attitude and are ready to create an unforgettable experience for kids each week. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you! We have a paid training and classes begin on a rolling basis.
Responsibilities of the Smart Coos language guide will include but are not limited to:
Outstanding language learning achievement
· Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students.
· Build class community by investing families in children’s language success
· Utilize data from Smart Coos interim assessments to drive instruction and intervention.
· Design and implement unit and lesson plans in collaboration with team.
Professional learning, development, and growth
· Collaborate with coach to improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills.
· Attend all professional development, team planning and data analysis meetings.
· Participate enthusiastically in structured and informal learning and development opportunities.
Skills and Characteristics
· Fluent in Spanish, French, Mandarin, or American Sign Language; native speakers preferred
· Must have proven successful experience working with children under eight years old
· Very friendly, responsible, and ALWAYS ON TIME
· High level of personal organization and planning.
· Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude.
· Must possess basic computer skills
Educational Background and Work Experience
· Teaching experience preferred, focus on early childhood education preferred
· Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university;
· Willingness to seek valid state certification if needed.
Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you speak Spanish, French, Mandarin or know American Sign Language and have experience working with kids please apply at: http://bit.ly/sc-lang-teach . We will contact you for an interview ASAP.